Friday, March 25, 2016

Week 4 Reflection: RISE Self-Evaluation

First off I would like to start off by saying how much I enjoyed working in this class and being able to get familiar with companies in my area that I could one day possibly work for. I started this class pumped and ready to learn everything I could being this is one of my last classes before I graduate. I really enjoyed working on the Mock Interview I think this may have been one of my favorite assignments during the course. However, I wish I would've had more time to spend on it after watching some of the other classmates interviews there were somethings I would like to have changed.

For example, I reviewed Leah's interview I thought the idea of wearing the two different outfits to play the role as interviewer and interviewee was a brilliant idea. This is something I wish I would have thought of.

As I worked on some of my projects I wish we had more than 4 weeks in the course so we would've had more time to go more into depth with the different activities. The company I used most this month was Longview News-Journal and this is a company I really would like to obtain a position with one day. I would've liked to get more information on the company and been able to see if they had any current positions open that I could apply for. I know someone personally who works for the company on the sales side. As I would want to work with editing or the journalism part I think with her being an employee there and knowing me well this would help my chances of landing an interview and possibly a position with the company.

I will be taking a lot of the things we learned this month and putting them into play in the near future as I start looking for a career. Career Development really hasn't reached out to me at all. My husband is a Full Sail Alumni and they never contacted him once and when he would contact them he wouldn't get a response so I feel they could strenghten this area for the online students. I am going to keep reaching out to them and making an effort to work with them until I land a position.

It has been a long 4 years for me at Full Sail and I am excited it is time to part ways, I plan on achieving great things with my degree. Thank you for your time this month, I enjoyed the class!

No comments:

Post a Comment