Tuesday, November 4, 2014

GTS Week 2 Practice A


I had a great time working on last week’s assignment. I found myself laughing and letting my creative juices flow while I was creating my version on Little Red Riding Hood. I wish I would have had a lot more time to plan and put everything together because I had so many other ideas and views of the story I would’ve liked to try. For this being the first time I have ever created a project like this I think I did pretty good considering the amount of time I had to put it all together and the amount of time I had to actually sit down and brainstorm. This project was fun and exciting for me and is defiantly something I would like to learn more about and possibly get into in the future.
For my 14 day Transmedia Short Story Challenge I have decided to create a story of my own. Since I had so much fun last week creating a fairy tale that is widely known I figured I can have twice the fun creating something of my own.
There will be 6 characters in my story Zoe, Skylar, Ben, Homer, Anakin, and Ezra. 6 college students set out on a trip to Laredo from Houston. It’s a foggy night; they set up camp at a park in Oilton for the night. Zoe is walking in the woods by herself in her night clothes when she hears moaning and gargling noises from behind her getting closer. She can feel the pain in her feet from the mesquite and dead brush she steps on as she continues to make her way towards camp. As the noises get louder Zoe starts to run in fear of what is behind her, her arms and legs are getting scratched up from the twigs and branches that brush her body as she hurries through the woods trying to make it back to camp. Zoe falls into a cactus and as she lays there on the ground scared, alone, and wondering what is going on she can hear the crackling getting louder and louder, they are coming. Suddenly she is in the arms of someone, it was her boyfriend Ben.
While Zoe had made it back to camp her boyfriend, older twin brother Ezra, and friends noticed she was a little shaken up about something and they ask her what had happened and why she was out in the woods all alone so late at night in a town they don’t know much about. Zoe explains to everyone what just happened to her in the woods and tells everyone “I know there is someone or something out there.” Everyone thinks she is just very tired from the long drive they had, but she insists there is someone out something out in the woods and that they should take turns sleeping tonight so that someone can be keeping a look out. They all agree to do this to help make Zoe feel safer even though they all think she is just exhausted from the drive.
Ben and Homer decide to take the first shift. Homer drives down the road and grabs some drinks and snacks since it’s going to be a long night. At first it’s quiet as they assume it would be, but as the night goes on they start hearing noises from the woods. “Could it be that were exhausted too or are we really hearing this?” says Ben


This is the beginning of my story and gives you a little summary of how the story will go. I am making my story be mysterious and adventurous. I have always been a fan of mysteries which is why I chose to do my story on something in this genre. I am excited to finish it up I have a lot of ideas to use from where I left it off. I hope you enjoyed a little taste of what's to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment