Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Week 1 Analysis: Vision & Scope



Vision and Scope
This activity helped me to better understand the steps I will be taking to start my own business. I enjoyed going into depth about different aspects of owning my own business. This was a great activity I enjoyed working on it.

Company Name: Mandee's Photography Studio

Mandee's Photography Studio will offer several different photography services. Such as for weddings, graduations, births, maternity, family photos, friends and much more. This company will hold a high standing name by the professional work we provide our clients with. As the owner, I will be in charge of capturing images, editing photos, and finding out what services will best fit my clients needs and budget to assure my client is happy.

My business will remain in local in the Los Angeles, California area. However, if requested we will travel up to 45 miles for a small fee and mileage paid. My clients will be local Los Angeles residents, and residents from surrounding areas such as Torrance, Long Beach, Santa Monica, Venice, Hollywood, South Gate, Whittier, etc. This business will includes myself and my husband as the owners. Our main goal is to do most of the work ourselves until we get well established and are able to hire help. One day in the near future we will have a studio to capture indoor photo shoots for our clients and this will be our main office.

The customers we target can range from anyone looking to have professional photos taken for themselves, for an event, newborn, party, wedding, birthday, etc. I will work with local newspapers and local bloggers to get my work out there to bring in more business for myself. I will also utilize social media to arise awareness of my business and work. I will work together closely with my husband for any business advice I may need for my business to assure a successful outcome. If needed we will seek outside advice from professionals.

Our goal is to have this business up and running by the end of Winter. By Spring time 2016 I hope to have a studio for capturing indoor photos and using as a home office for our photography business so we can expand offerings to our clients. After the business is open for 6 months – 1 year I feel it is vital I find a studio for my business. I will purchase a Mac computer for my studio. Other items will be needed as well for the studio such as a printer, backdrops, props, etc.

I am creating this business because I have a passion for photography and I love to capture pictures for others and myself. Photography has always been a huge part of my life, and being able to capture precious moments for others makes me happy. My clients will come to my studio to get all their photography needs because they will see the high quality of work, professionalism, and how well we work with our clients. Clients will keep returning to us for photos because they want a special moment to be captured so they can cherish it forever. I believe a bank would invest in this business because people are always hiring photographers to capture moments for them.

I will finance this business personally and off of money made from photo sessions, and selling my ItWorks products. One day I would like to have 1-3 employees depending on how the business is doing, and wat our budget can afford. I have a really good feeling about this business and I am excited to get started on this adventure.
I know this business will be successful for my husband and myself. Between the two of us we have the skills and knowledge to run a successful business and keep our customers happy and spreading the word on to others. I want this to be a family oriented business, we have children so that is something important to us and I can see it being something important to potential clients. 

No comments:

Post a Comment