Thursday, September 10, 2015

Week 2 Analysis: Competitor Research


I enjoyed working on this assignment because I was able to see what the businesses in Los Angeles were missing such as reviews; I feel having reviews on your business will help your business to be more successful. One thing I always do when I am buying a car, going somewhere new, etc I always checks the reviews on it first. Also, by doing this assignment I was able to realize I should be able to start off my company without having a studio first. This assignment helped me a lot, glad we were able to do this.


Business: Kenneth Dolin Photography

This photography business specializes in head shots. This business operates out of a personal studio in Los Angeles, California. Kenneth does sessions in his studio located in Los Angeles. The owner Kenneth operates Kenneth Dolin Photography. “ Over the past several yepars Kenneth has taken head shots for mulitiple Golden Globe, Emmy, and Academy Award winners.  couldn't find any ratings on his company which is something I would suggest to him to have all his clients leave feedback about his photography. 

Business: Next Exit Photography

Next Exit Photography specializes in wedding photography.Next Exit Photography is ran by a married couple, Cat & Addie Benner. Next Exit is located in Los Angeles and the photographers travel to the location sites of the weddings for their shootings. Next Exit Photography is the winner of California Wedding Day Magazine's Best Wedding Photographer in Los Angeles and also seven-time winner of the Best of the Knot Award. Once again with this company I wasn't able to find many reviews. However, with the award they have won I feel that may be enough to get new clients for them but as always I still suggest reviews.

Business: Tommy John Studios

Tommy John Studios specializes in Engagement, Newborn, Family, etc. I wasn't able to find any information on if this business has a studio or not. From what I read, the photographer travels to different locations throughout Southern California to meet his clients. Tommy John operates the business himself, from taking the photos to editing them. This photographer works all over Southern California. I didn’t see any reviews for Tommy John Studios, I would also suggest to this business to have their clients leave reviews, I ALWAYS read reviews before I go somewhere, buy something, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment