Sunday, October 5, 2014

MCBS Portfolio Project Submission: Rodriguez Family Documentary


This post is for my MCBS Portfolio Submission.

Star Rating:

I am seeking a 2 star rating approval.

Project Description:

My submission is a family documentary I revised in Digital Video and Editing Principles. I think this submission turned out a lot better than the first version of my documentary submission in a previous class. However, like most things once you watch it several times and look at it again after some time has passed you notice other things that you would do differently or change. Such as, I would practice my script a little better so my words would flow together really nice and professional sounding, I think it sounds good now but there is always room for advancement. Also, being this video was made 7 months ago I think I would change up script some and add more recent pictures and video of my family so if someone were to watch it now it would be a more recent version. I spent a lot of time on this documentary and acquired lots of help from my former instructor Ms. Redman.

Link to my project:

















Feedback:

I got really good feedback on this documentary. My instructors from the 2 classes I used this video in gave me several suggestions from interviewing the members of my family so people could see whom they are some to editing the music a little better to fit up with my voice. I didn’t get any feedback from fellow students on my documentary, but I would have enjoyed seeing what they would have said I could do or add to improve my video. 

Software:

For this project I used iMovie, Final Cut Pro, Garage Band, and Adobe Audition CS6. I am glad I got to work with the different variety of programs because before enrolling in Full Sail I hadn’t used any of these programs. Gaining the knowledge from these programs will help me in the future once I graduate. My husband Homero Rodriguez, son Anakin Curiel-Rodriguez, and other son Ezra Curiel-Rodriguez were in this documentary. The music was provided by my husbands band SKCITSSA.

No comments:

Post a Comment